Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
This position will work in Crating. Crating is responsible for building the wooden or aluminum crates for displays to ship in.
- Learn Daktronics products systems and processes and assemble product in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Learn the modular and technical construction of displays and interpret technical drawings.
- Safely operate power tools such as nail guns, staple guns and saws. As well as material moving equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, power lifts, ladders and truck driving.
- Document weights, crated weights and dimensions of equipment. Label crates with proper required details. List component and unit serial numbers for all pertinent items and displays.
- Learn how to read and follow effective loading diagrams. Gather and file all pertinent documentation pertaining to each contract per Sarbanes-Oxley protocol.
- Become certified to operate cranes and other lifting equipment.
- Work safely and effectively. Must be able to follow instructions. Need to be able to work in a team atmosphere as well as individually.
- Must be flexible to help in other areas of the factory including Inventory as well as manufacturing if needed.
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work overtime when workload requires.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.
- Work and communicate effectively with team members. Help when and where needed, make suggestions for process and product improvements.
- Follow company guidelines and policies.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet customer needs.