Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
The Manufacturing facility, in Redwood Falls, MN, supports the Commercial, Live Events and Sports markets. The selected individual will support highly automated Printed Circuit Assembly (PCA) processes and applying/adhering to standards created for them. This role is also responsible for continuous improvements, problem solving, and implementation of new equipment. Other responsibilities will include participation in corporate wide improvement teams as well as factory objectives in other areas of engineering support.
- Support manufacturing to ensure Daktronics product is being manufactured in accordance with quality standards following Lean practices.
- Make decisions on immediate issues with the value stream (for example issues with equipment, material or process).
- Make decisions on long-term product/process improvements and manage the implementation, such as adjusting factory layouts, implementing new equipment, optimizing existing equipment, etc.
- Serve as liaison between Manufacturing and other departments (Design, Quality, Sourcing, etc) to develop and/or improve processes and procedures to reduce scrap, rework, labor and improve quality.
- Focus on new product development and product transfers between factories:
- Be the subject matter expert of Daktronics’ manufacturing capabilities and advise Design Engineering early in new product development to ensure designs are manufacturable.
- Develop processes that are stable, repeatable, and reliably meet design requirements.
- Take an active role in the build of prototypes, first articles, and pre-production assemblies.
- Support products throughout their life cycle, developing and implementing changes as needed.
- Participate on corporate teams which focus on creating, improving & standardizing processes & equipment.
- Work professionally and effectively in a team oriented environment. Work with little supervision. Communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner meeting established deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet customer and/or department expectations.