Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
This position would typically work Monday-Thursday 6am – 4:30pm, with overtime before/after shift or on Fridays as needed.
The Plant will be responsible for the timely and quality production of digital billboards fuel lights displays and additional products as business needs demand.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot and repair Printed Circuit Boards assemblies, subassemblies and displays under the direction of a supervisor/Test Engineer. Perform these tasks using the applicable drawings schematics and parts lists in addition to test procedures written for the product under test. This includes configuring enclosures and loading firmware and software.
- Assist in training assemblers on setting up and performing functional tests.
- Effectively operate within the Glovia software environment.
- Work with other areas of manufacturing to identify and resolve defects and identify and implement improvements to increase the overall quality of the product.
- Assist in maintaining, reviewing and updating existing test procedures as well as assist in part or in total with developing and implementing new test procedures. Work to reduce scrap and rework in Testing area. Effective communication with Test Engineer will be essential to improving processes.
- Coordinate with Test Engineer to best determine the shift testing and repair priorities. Report against plan.
- Ensure that systems being shipped meet the quality and performance requirements.
- Be safety conscious at all times when performing testing or troubleshooting operations.
- Learn Daktronics products systems and processes. Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Work additional hours as necessary to meet the challenges of the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet customer and department expectations.