Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
This is an ongoing temporary position for a Game Day Technician. Hours worked each week will be dependent upon the number of events taking place, but normal work is 7 – 8 hours per event. This position will support Daktronics equipment for the eight (8) Texas A&M University football home games in 2019. There is the possibility this could expand to supporting additional games at different venues on campus. The work schedule for this position is determined by the event schedule and will include weeknight and weekend shifts.
As a game day technician you will bring the magic of the game to the video board. If you love going to sporting events, hate being trapped in an office, and are looking for work experience related to your major this is the job for you!
Our game day technicians are part of a collaborative team responsible for the technical aspect of our game day events support service.
- Provide on-site services including maintenance for all Daktronics systems and control equipment:
- Learn Daktronics products, control/scoring systems, and processes and accurately diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair these systems in a timely and quality-conscious manner.
- Complete hardware repairs using hand tools, multi-meter, and other troubleshooting equipment.
- Able to work in team environment.
- Accurately meter AC & DC power and diagnose issues.
- Complete quality work in a timely manner, and be able to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Perform ‘pre-event’ equipment checks and repairs the day events will occur.
- Arrive on time for all events that you are scheduled.
- Help when and where needed and make suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.