***Accepting Applications Through 28 November 2018***
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
The Sioux Falls Manufacturing Plant supports the billboard and fuel light niches within the Commercial market. The Plant will be responsible for the timely and quality production of digital billboards, fuel lights displays, and additional products as business needs demand.
- Ensures that the appropriate inventory is ordered on time and at the appropriate volume to support the Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and Master Production Schedule (MPS) schedule. The buying function also includes expediting or de-expediting material as required by the MRP/MPS process and following the escalation process when issues arise.
- Buyer Planners place Purchase orders (POs) from preapproved suppliers, Transfer Orders (TOs) from other Daktronics factories and Work Orders (WO) when scheduling production areas.
- Manages PO status completing status calls and interaction with suppliers to ensure prompt inventory materials delivery.
- Buyer Planner has the authority to order MRO type supplies (nonproduction related) at the request of authorized plant personnel.
- Insures data problems are identified and resolved. Must maintain accurate systems information in support of MPS viability.
- Analyze inventory records and dollars invested ensuring that systems and reports are accurate in their representations.
- Manage material flow and analyze the impact of production actuals on dollars remaining in inventory.
- Based on MRP/MPS requirements coordinates with Buyer to ensure EOQ and lot size configuration.
- Become knowledgeable of and follow company procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet Daktronics growth and customer expectations.