Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor venues.
The International Department is responsible for selling all of Daktronics products outside the borders of the United States. Project managers are involved with projects from selling through approval, manufacturing, installation, and final payment. This opportunity is for a key position in Daktronics International Region; assisting with the management of international projects and providing support for international sales. The Project Manager is involved with the project at the selling, approval, manufacturing, installation and final payment stages. Project managers travel to provide sales support, project support, and installation supervision.
This customer-facing opportunity is for a key position as a Project Manager located in Australia.
- Account Management and Sales Support with a primary focus on supporting our Out-Of-Home customers.
- Sales support of projects in the Asia Pacific Region with primary focus in Australia and New Zealand. Possible support of projects in other countries throughout the Asia Pacific Region may be required.
- Present Daktronics solutions to customers.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects, and services. Tracking actual costs relative to estimates as projects develop.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Fulfilment/Execution of Projects
- Project budget estimating and proposal generation including reading tenders, working with regional sales personnel, writing method statements/scopes of work, bid clarifications, and preparing quotations.
- Subcontractor evaluation, selection, and management.
- Coordination and communication of project details with general contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, architects, engineers, and owners.
- Work with Logistics Coordinators on the transportation of display equipment to project sites.
- Analyse blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labour estimates.
- Coordinate with internal teams to manage installation schedules to ensure customer’s expectations are met on short notice.
- Accountable for overall success of projects managed.
- Proactively recognize and address gaps in all aspects of the business.
- Effective filtering and communication of important information between teams.
- Experience with or ability to mentor others is required and will be expected in this position.
- Recognition and adaptability to successfully communicate with multiple different personality types.
- Work with project teams in other Daktronics International offices (China, Ireland, USA).
- Provide analysis and feedback of projects upon completion to engineering, manufacturing, project management, and management.
- Collaborate effectively as a team member; work with little supervision; help when and where needed; make and implement suggestions for product and process improvement; communicate across many teams both internally and externally to include sales, customers, and project team members.
- Must be self-motivated and organized in order to plan, execute, and document work. Candidates much also be able to confidently exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Strong composure in new or difficult situations.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet customer expectations.