Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues. The company designs, manufactures, sells, and services a variety of display products in four business units: Schools and Theatres, Live Events, Commercial, and Transportation. Daktronics manufacturing follows a focus factory concept paralleling these four markets.
As a support department, the Manufacturing Process Ownership Group (MPOG) is responsible to enhance Quality Manufacturing Processes through the Implementation of Proactive and Innovative Leading Edge Technology, Utilizing Strong Effective Company Wide Communication and Teamwork. The MPOG team is mainly focused on implementation of process for the electronic assembly (EA) within the Daktronics. The selected individual's responsibility will be to work closely with the MPOG engineering team and factory manufacturing engineering teams to help implement and improve robust manufacturing processes in EA.
- Driven and disciplined individual with time management skills while working to focus on correct priorities within the context of team and project goals.
- Coach-able person who is eager to grow personally and professionally in technical skills, knowledge, and overall methods of completing projects.
- Efficiently and effectively perform assembly, build, wiring, and startup testing of machines from system diagram and electrical schematics including electrical enclosures and various mechanical assemblies.
- Work independently and/or assist engineers to research, select, assemble, test, and install industrial devices and manufacturing equipment. Device examples would be photo eyes, transducers, motors, relays, PLCs, and various other automation devices.
- Create simple designs, manually build, test functionality, and evaluate prototypes for potential production solutions.
- Specify and select automation components, order them, and follow up deliveries.
- Make changes and updates to existing programs of controller devices (PLCs, Servos, cameras, etc). Programming will include both off line programming and adjustments on the line.
- Maintain and oversee MPOG Engineering Lab to keep things well organized, clean, and labeled.
- Work with Product Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering / Operations to test new products and associated fixtures for the manufacturing including eventual deployment into a stable process.
- Create and update documentation of operation, setup, and maintenance of new manufacturing procedures.
- Assist in collecting and evaluation of process data (time studies, process parameters, product specific notes and metrics, and quality data) to help create improvement ideas, and implement adjustments to improve manufacturing line performance. This would include extensive troubleshooting of all processes when required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities for engineering team and manufacturing plants.
- Able to work on production equipment by following standardized safety procedures.
- Willing and eager to assist engineers on the team with various duties to meet customer and department expectations and deliverables.
- Work effectively and efficiently as a team member including maintaining solid communication (written and verbal) in relating to work schedule, open action items, and project updates to engineering team.
- Consistently complete quality work in a timely and prompt manner.