Every day in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Our sourcing philosophy is to build ongoing partnerships with our suppliers. This is reflected in our Sourcing Mission Statement on Supply Chain – focused on long term relationships aligned with corporate initiatives to drive continuous improvement. The Sourcing Engineer will lead the development of commodity visioning, strategies, and implementation efforts. This position will focus on PCB/PCA based commodities and supply chains.
The primary work location is Sioux Falls, SD, with opportunities to work in Brookings,SD as well.
- Travel as required to develop a deep understanding of the existing supply chain.
- Develop and implement global supply chain strategies to support global factories, tiered product families, and diverse product specifications.
- Develop request for proposals and negotiate contracts as needed keeping Daktronics best interests in mind.
- Understand inputs into your commodities and global pressures impacting them. Develop and implement strategies to minimize negative impacts.
- Continuously update and improve industry and technical knowledge for assigned commodities.
- Provide technical expertise to engineering teams and proactively participate in Product Development and Knowledge Center discussions.
- Manage supplier performance for assigned commodities around quality, cost, delivery, service level and technology.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with suppliers for the mutual benefit of both parties.
- Support the implementation of Materials strategies relative to Lean manufacturing.
- Insure data problems are identified and resolved. Must maintain accurate systems information in support of company operations.
- Perform related change management duties for assigned commodities.
- Lead/assist in developing strategies for life cycle management of assigned commodities.
- Gain protection for Daktronics on Legal and Business matters through signed supplier agreements.
- Become knowledgeable of and follow company procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet Daktronics growth and customer expectations.
- Adherence to standard work.
- To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen - knows how businesses work.
- Negotiating - can settle differences and win concessions with little noise.
- Strategic Agility - sees ahead clearly anticipates future trends and consequences broad knowledge and perspective.
- Conflict Management - can find common ground and get cooperation with little noise, handles tough agreements and settles disputes equitably.
- Organizational agility - can work through formal channels and informal networks. Understands cultures of organizations and how organizations work.
- Presentation Skills - effective in a variety of presentation settings can change presentation tactics midstream when something is not working.
- Cross Cultural Sensitivity - understands differences in people and cultures understands and is accepting of local culture is comfortable with diversity.
- Problem Solving - uses rigid logic and methods to find root cause can see hidden problems probes all sources for answers
- Tech Savvy – anticipate the impact of emerging technologies, scans the environment for new technical skills, knowledge or capabilities that can benefit business.