***Accepting Applications Through 27 Aug 2018***
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
As a Field Service Engineer, you’ll provide on-site maintenance and technical support services to our amazing customers – including exciting professional and collegiate sports teams. We have a long-term emphasis on customer satisfaction. Our customers look for us for prompt, dependable, dedicated after-sale service and as an industry expert.
The desired location for this position will be Bloomington, IL
- Provide onsite services that require developing in depth understanding of operation and maintenance of all Daktronics systems and control equipment. Must have the ability to quickly learn Daktronics technologies.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and the ability to analyze complex technical systems in a variety of environments.
- Interact with customers to diagnose or identify technical problems.
- Provide game day support for high profile customers at all levels of sporting competition.
- Support on-site activities; equipment service, installation support, and preventative maintenance.
- Interprets schematics, wiring diagrams, and technical documents and repairs equipment utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- Follow standardized escalation path for unusual problems in system operations and maintenance to appropriate stakeholders.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with customer.
- Update technical documentation as needed, including technical response plans, red line drawings, and Knowledge Base articles.
- Timely completion and submission of all required paperwork.
- Communicate with customer to ensure satisfaction and implement necessary corrective actions.
- Assist as requested in training Service Partners and other technical staff.
- May travel internationally to support installation assignments.
- Use your excellent communications skills to competently represent Daktronics to customers, providing a positive service experience each time.
- Work effectively as a team member assisting when and where needed.
- Become knowledgeable about and follow company procedures and standard operating processes.
- You will be dispatched to customer sites for service calls.
- Your schedule may include nights, weekends, event support and on-call situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.