Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
As a feeder department, the Electronic Assembly Department is responsible for maintaining a constant supply of electronic components to the final assembly factories. Our Lean culture balances our focus on people development and manufacturing processes and our factories offer a clean, safe work environment supported by world-class equipment. The Production Supervisor plays a key role in overseeing the assigned value streams , developing people, and maintaining stable manufacturing processes, through planned initiatives, to both run and improve the day to day business operations.
Areas of Focus
- People Development
- Planned daily interactions with all direct reports to help them achieve and exceed our High Standard of Performance through the use of touchpoints
- Timely completion of objective performance evaluations
- Cross training schedule: Develop and execute a plan to have all direct reports trained in the value streams through the use of TWI and job instructions
- Encourage and promote movement both within and outside the home factory to foster our Commitment to Stable Employment
- Hiring and Staffing
- Participate as part of a collaborative interview team and select individuals who demonstrate the potential to meet and exceed our High Standard of Performance
- Collaborate with Plant Manager and HR on staffing levels to meet current and anticipated demand while considering improvements that lead to further productivity gains
- Running the Business:
- Learn and stabilize production processes in the assigned area by engaging in daily process and standard work audits. Ensure that standards are followed to promote stabile production processes.
- Partner with our safety team to maintain a safe work environment by performing daily process audits and following regulations.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings and safety audits
- Achieve production schedule by working with Production Team Leads to ensure we have the right resources assigned to the critical priorities
- Collaborate with and support the Master Production Scheduler on potential changes to the schedule
- Improving the Business:
- Participate in Kaizen events
- Be willing and receptive to change. Be able to build consensus and communicate the importance to internal stakeholders
- Foster an environment of daily problem solving by developing direct reports to be effective problem solvers
- General Expectations:
- Foster an environment that promotes and reinforces team work
- Build positive, professional relationships with direct reports, while at the same time, professionally representing Daktronics as an Agent of the Organization at all times
- Consistently model Daktronics high-performing leader and team behaviors.
- Positively influence to further Daktronics culture and success.
- Develop mutual respect and trust with peers and direct reports.
Demonstrated Capabilities for Success
- Core: Ethics and values, integrity and trust, dealing with ambiguity, listening, composure, self-reflection and self-development.
- Developmental: The Production Supervisor position provides consistent opportunities to develop competencies essential to developing and leading people. These competencies include motivating others, building effective teams, developing direct reports and others, problem solving, conflict management.