Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment.
The Digital Billboard Manufacturing Plant located in Sioux Falls SD will support the billboard and fuel light niches within the Commercial market. The Plant will be responsible for the timely and quality production of digital billboards fuel lights displays and additional products as business needs demand. The machine technician is responsible for being proactive on the preventative maintenance schedule to work toward the goal of no unplanned machine down time.
Shift/Schedule: Tu-Fri 6:00am – 4:30pm
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM) on automated equipment on a scheduled basis. Current automated equipment includes metal, paint and electronic assembly equipment.
- Make emergency repairs to automated manufacturing equipment including electrical mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Train machine operators and other maintenance personnel to perform maintenance tasks.
- Communicate effectively over the phone to repair equipment.
- Flexible hours to ensure full operation of equipment for all shifts.
- Evaluate and improve existing PM programs.
- Operate automated equipment.
- Input information into work orders on the details of the work performed on equipment.
- Help evaluate new equipment purchases.
- Evaluate new materials.
- Maintain spare parts inventor. Order and inventory needed parts.
- Maintain maintenance records including procedures, parts and labor.
- Make and implement suggestions for product and process improvement.
- Some travel required for required training.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as needed to meet customer expectations and to have equipment operating with no unplanned downtime.