Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
The manufacturing facility located in Sioux Falls, SD will support the billboard and fuel light niches within the Commercial market. The factory will be responsible for the timely and quality production of digital billboards, fuel lights displays, and additional products as business needs demand.
This position will work in Crating. Crating is responsible for shrink wrapping displays, building wooden or aluminum crates, and loading/unloading displays on trailers.
The shift for this position is Monday through Thursday 6am to 4:30pm.
- Learn Daktronics products systems and processes and assemble product in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Load trucks by safely operating overhead crane and forklift and pushing/positioning boxes/crates.
- Become certified to operate cranes and other lifting equipment
- Packaging loading verifying load to Bill of Materials (Putting parts into boxes and loading them into crates by hand).
- Learn how to read and follow effective loading diagrams
- Document weights, crated weights and dimensions of equipment. Label crates with proper required details.
- Safely operate power tools such as nail guns, staple guns and saws. As well as material moving equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, power lifts, ladders and truck driving. Use open flame heat gun to shrink wrap displays
- .Work safely and effectively. Must be able to follow instructions. Need to be able to work in a team atmosphere as well as individually.
- Must be flexible to help in other areas of the factory as needed.
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work overtime when workload requires.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.
- Work and communicate effectively with team members. Help when and where needed, make suggestions for process and product improvements.
- Follow company guidelines and policies.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet customer needs.