Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Transportation Manufacturing builds displays for customers including state and city departments of transportation mass transit systems airlines and airports bus terminals and other transportation agencies. The welding position is responsible for welding aluminum cabinets and structural assemblies. Welded assemblies must meet code compliant welding standards.
- Accurately weld frames cabinets per engineering drawing specifications.
- Utilize jigs tapes and calipers to meet product tolerances.
- Ensure all welds comply with documented Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS).
- Achieve and maintain certification as outlined in Daktronics Standard for Certified Welders (ED9057).
- Setup computerized welding equipment for different material alloys.
- Understand and follow several different types of blueprints generated from both Auto Cad and ProE.
- Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
- Accurately and timely perform tasks as assigned.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work overtime when workload requires.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include the following safety glasses, safety shoe/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear, and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.