Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
A Western Washington based sales position will provide a presence to Washington and Alaska to better deliver our innovative Daktronics solutions. This position will work with our Reseller (sign companies/customers) and High School Park and Recreation marquee signs and standard projects.
Will work with Sales Managers (Region and Market) to develop and successfully execute a plan for selling products and services at acceptable order volume with acceptable profit margin into assigned geography.
Preferred location includes Seattle, Tacoma, or Everett, WA.
- Business & Community – through a Reseller/sign company channel
- Will call on sign companies to promote Daktronics products/services through in person meetings, product demonstrations, webinars, electronic communication
- Will effectively leverage product demonstration trailer to secure orders.
- Sports – High School Park and Recreation
- Primary focus will be to schools at the secondary, middle and elementary level, to park and recreation facilities and to junior and community colleges;
- Will help in developing winning proposals/sales propositions;
- Will create business through consultative selling by showing customers that they need our products
- Product and Services
- Will be the Daktronics expert consultant with an in depth understanding of Daktronics products capabilities, features, functions and operation to best meet the customer’s needs. Key product knowledge will include electronic scoreboards, scoring systems, electronic message centers, numeric digit displays, Allsport and Venus control systems and sound systems
- Continuously learn about Daktronics products by participating in internal product and sales training, and reviewing sales literature.
- Sales Process
- Will develop an effective sales activity pipeline of sufficient cold calls, referrals, lead qualification, sustainable relationships, acceptable order volume and product replacement opportunities;
- Proactively follow up on new leads and customers. Promptly follow up on marketing campaign or trade show leads. Qualify leads to determine project viability;
- Will conduct demonstration of Daktronics products at site visits, trade shows and meetings.
- Will represent Daktronics at various school, government, sign association and other professional meetings
- Become knowledgeable and follow Daktronics policies, processes and procedures.
- Work effectively as a team member. Work with limited daily supervision.