Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
This position is in the Sioux Falls Mfg department. The shift for this position is Monday through Wednesday 6:00pm to 6:00am.
This position involves performing Metal Fabrication Operator duties such as filling in/working on the machines as needed (Punch, Press Breaks, Mill, Inserter, Sander) in addition to Team Lead responsibilities listed below.
- Be safety conscious at all times and ensure safety during shift.
- Take production plan developed by the Plant Manager and/or Supervisor and develop an action plan to achieve established throughput and quality.
- Effectively communicate work progress and constraints to following shift(s).
- Assist in determining staffing, equipment, and facility needs based on projected workload requirements.
- Provide effective employee relations and leadership to include
- Teach new employees how to perform operational/functional tasks and new operations to current employees.
- Along with the supervisor, evaluate employee performance, communicate expectations, measure performance, and assist in their growth.
- Train new and/or current employees in blueprint reading, following all metal procedures for punching, sanding, bending, inserting, troubleshooting, and quality reporting.
- Communicate expectations to and measure the performance of metal fab team/operators.
- Foster teamwork and self-improvement through effective communication with employees. Establish the relationship between quality work customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Monitor employee/crew attendance and performance; report to supervisor/manager on a daily basis.
- Work with supervisor, process engineers/technicians, and/or designers to improve procedures and processes to reduce scrap and rework.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate new quality process production techniques. Assist in writing operating procedures and equipment procedures.
- Assist in evaluating quality issues discovered during production and/or discovered during field installation.
- Assist in the development of training aids to improve process quality and time cycle.
- Arrive at work on time and maintain regular/good attendance. Be able to work overtime as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet customer and department expectations.