This position's shift is M-Th 6-4:30pm.
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
The Sioux Falls Manufacturing Plant which is responsible for the timely and quality production of digital billboards, fuel lights displays, and additional products as business needs demand. The Process Technician will have the following responsibilities:
- Learn and be able to operate all machines and support all processes on the Sioux Falls manufacturing floor, including metal fabrication.
- Ability to adjust programs and evaluate quality on all automated equipment.
- Assist with the creation of and maintaining stable and robust manufacturing processes.
- Ability to learn various software and programming systems. Programming will include both off line programming and adjustments on the line.
- Verify first article inspection.
- Evaluate defect logs and cycle time studies and adjust processes to eliminate deficiencies.
- Act as a liaison between Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Review and respond to Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Review product Bill of Materials (BOM) and/or drawing to address ECO’s.
- Recommend process improvements to streamline product flow and be responsible for implementation of process or design improvements.
- Optimize programs to achieve maximum output. Focus on scrap reduction and machine performance.
- Assist with documentation of operation set up and maintenance procedures.
- Assist with the troubleshooting of all processes.
- Help build test prototypes.
- Work with Process Engineering to develop appropriate test fixtures for products and document procedures for testing.
- Work effectively as a team member which includes helping when and where needed as well as communicating effectively with customers and team members.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, technical and non-technical documents.
- Accurately complete all programming documentation and record-keeping with the equipment being programmed.
- Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work overtime when workload requires.
- Ensure that all duties are performed in a safe manner.
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet customer and/or department expectations.