Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Position located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The shift will be Monday – Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Test Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that final assemblies are tested to the fullest extent possible with the overall goal of a successful first-time fire up during installation as well as long term reliability. This individual will manage the technical development for the electronic assembly and final test areas in the Sioux Falls Factory. The Test Engineer will work with all departments to maintain a high level of quality and workmanship for all products produced.
Supervision, Leadership, and Performance
- Establish plan and assign work to achieve established throughput and quality. Coordinate with crew leaders and department supervisors to determine daily testing and repair priorities. Report against the daily plan and coordinate the exchange of information with other shifts.
- Contribute to a high-performance workplace by consistently growing competencies of Customer Focus, Problem Solving, Composure, Decision Quality, and Listening through desired behaviors.
- Assist with hiring staff. Supervise employees, employee performance development, motivation, and discipline.
- Manage employee training through direct participation and goal setting. This training includes such items as product testing troubleshooting documentation and test equipment operation.
- Responsible for conducting formal performance evaluations timely and objectively identify and groom future leaders and effectively and regularly communicate expectations and progress made to employees regarding productivity quality of work training progression and work schedules.
- Foster teamwork through effective communication.
- Work with leadership team to improve procedures to reduce scrap and rework. Encourage employees to participate in the continuous improvement process.
- Complete projects with quality work and in a timely manner.
- Insure safety in the testing areas. Assist in developing safe operating procedures for machines and equipment. May need to take injured employees for treatment appointments.
- Maintain review and update existing test procedures. Assist in part or in total with writing and implementing new test procedures.
- Ensure the systems being shipped meet the quality and performance requirements.
- Perform system level testing to make sure all components are functioning and properly configured.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear, and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed to support the efforts of Daktronics.