Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Daktronics designs, sells, and manufactures a wide range of electronic display products for Transportation applications (ITS, Mass Transit, Aviation, and Parking). Daktronics enjoys a strong reputation for delivering quality, reliable products, supported by top-notch service. We are an industry leader in developing and bringing to the market new display technologies, as well as developing innovative information display control systems. This position will sell into the Transportation market, a full range of products for transportation applications include fixed Dynamic Message Signs, indoor/outdoor LED displays, Passenger Information displays and advertising displays. Daktronics products in transportation applications provide travelers with dynamic information needed to make travel safer, faster, cheaper, more efficient and more enjoyable.
Position will be located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Develop and successfully execute a plan for winning profitable orders for the Transportation Business Unit.
- Work with regional sales team (regional sales manager, project manager, region coordinator, others) to profitably grow the (ITS, Aviation, and Parking) businesses in the region and build a market leadership position in each.
- Plan and execute a weekly sales meeting plan. This could include a sales meeting route of appointments, demonstrations and presentations. Maintain activity calendar in Outlook.
- Develop on-going relationships and promote Daktronics and our products to end user(s), consultants, architects, contractors, system integrators, sign designers and service providers. Learn to fully understand their needs and articulate how Daktronics can deliver value.
- Oversee the accuracy and maintenance of the opportunity pipeline in our CRM system.
- Strive to get Daktronics products specified in projects whenever possible.
- In conjunction with our marketing staff, coordinate exhibits and participate in regional industry trade shows, which are determined valuable.
- Engage with industry sources to understand trends that will influence order opportunities in the region. Develop a 12-month Rolling Forecast for your region of responsibility on a quarterly basis.
- Contact potential and existing customers within region to sell additional products/services and inquire about new leads, opportunities or referrals. This will be accomplished via face-face meeting, phone and e-mail.
- Assist regional team in developing winning proposals for major accounts.
- Pro-actively follow up on new leads and customer inquiries. Promptly follow up on marketing campaign or trade show leads. Assist with lead database management.
- Develop an effective ‘team selling’ plan with regional project manager as needed to maximize Daktronics success in the Transportation market.
- Develop market and product knowledge required to become a resource to end users and consultants (Consultative selling). Continuously learn about Daktronics products by attending internal product and sales training, and pursuing self-directed training of products and market information.
- Required to work with limited daily supervision. Adhere to company guidelines and policies.