Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
This position can be in Brookings or Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Control Systems Product Manager
Product Managers support both Display and Control Systems for the business. This position will manage the control system product lines specific to our businesses involved with self-promotion. Self-promotion products are valued within area of our business that include petroleum, retail, pharmacy, quick service restaurants and others. These product lines include Venus Control Suite, petroleum controls, message center controls and communication systems. Additionally, the person in this role will bring the self-promotion customer perspective into platform developments, such as Venus Control Suite. In order to gain perspective, this person will need to meet with stakeholders and key customers.
- Understand Markets
- Develop understanding of markets, segments and personas through direct market research, formal and informal interactions with Daktronics sales and other customer facing teams
- Understand and document competitive landscape
- Research industry trends, new technology, and new products
- Example markets include retail, quick service restaurants and petroleum.
- Provide Product Vision and Strategy
- Develop and communicate product vision through collaborative events
- Develop and communicate product strategy and roadmaps
- Product Planning
- Collaborate with engineering to define requirements
- Collaborate with functional groups to develop and manage functional support plans
- Assist with development priorities through collaboration with product and solutions management
- Prepare and manage launch plan
- Monitor and Guide Design and Development
- Attend development status meetings to help guide and assist with decisions
- Validate and verify development meets requirements
- These activities involve working with product owners to translate customer needs into user stories and requirements. At times this work can involve gaining feedback from key customers to ensure usability.
- Product Launch Management
- Coordinate development and release of sales and service collateral
- Develop and document product lifecycle plan
- Collaborate in development of service plans
- Present product features and benefits to stakeholders
- Support sales through escalations, customizations requests, trade shows by working through sales engineers
- Product Lifecyle Management
- Participate in sales and operations planning to forecast as needed
- Monitor and analyze product performance
- Monitor and manage product revisions
- Review and approve engineering changes and temporary deviations
- Manage end of life product communications
- Facilitate pricing strategies
- Use good judgement in making decisions that have short range and long range implications.
- Travel may include sales calls market shows trainings regional office support or other.
- Work effectively as a team member work with little supervision help when and where needed make and implement suggestions for product and process improvement and communicate effectively with sales customers and team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.